Monday

Soccer Memories - Shawn Ezell

Throughout my soccer career I've had so much fun no matter where I was at on the field. I've never been bored with the sport and I don't think I ever can be. 
 
I remember back when I played indoor soccer and I use to play forward there. I scored 24 goals in 8 games and I was so stoked about it. I never scored goals like that constantly. I scored a back heel goal from pretty far out too that season, stuff like that really excites me.
 
I remember my freshmen year feeling so intimidated going into high school. The older guys just looked so talented and so much more advanced. Playing with Trey Bowman was one of the best things I can remember. Looking back at it he was a bigger version of Jerod (Houston) but he was fun as hell to watch play. He had some sick foot skills and in a match he could score from anywhere on
the right day. I wanted to be like him freshmen year.
 
I also remember having a determination that year that I've never seen in myself before. Adam (Ordel) and Jerod both made varsity and I felt left out. I worked my ass off that year and made the tournament squad.
 
The tournament games are also unforgettable. We've always done well in them. I've also had a love for the feeling of being in the tournament but a depression for when it's all over.
 
I have so many memories from soccer but the best ones have actually been recent. Playing and succeeding on Grand Lake, and winning games. Transitioning into a outside back for either side is something I love as well. Winning the tournaments and traveling with my team, we have always been like a family.
 
The memories are all there, not always good, but that's part of the game. You fight and dig in. Nothing is given to you, earn the good memories. I just don't want it all too end.

No comments:

Post a Comment