Saturday

I am writing a book.

Those who have played for me or whose children have played for me in recent years appreciate I do not coach the game in a conventional manner. Is that unconventionality the key to our success?  I believe it is and know for a fact it will work with players from U12 and up.  I do not know if it will work on the collegiate, national team or professional level as I have no experience coaching on those levels, but strongly suspect it will. I see elements of what I advocate in evidence in games on higher levels of play. I would be shocked to learn I have actually invented a new coaching methodology or philosophy.  In fact, much of what I now do has been learned from other coaches and my own analysis of soccer matches on all levels of competition.

It has been suggested more than once that I write a book to share my ideas on or vision for the game.

I've decided to do just that. 

May the Good Lord help us all!

The working title is, Soccer: A Game Played with the Brain.

Stay tuned....

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment