Friday

REACT & RID for December 14, 2012

REACT moment for December 14, 2012

Have trouble gaining separation from defender and with receiving under pressure.

Real Time:
Did I remember to keep myself between the defender and the ball.
Did I "check away" or drag the defender away from where I wanted to receive?
Did I "check to" or go to meet the ball?
Did I receive sideways on so I could execute a self-pass?

Immediate:
When next receiving the ball under pressure make sure you know where the defender is by making light physical contact with him.
Get the defenders momentum started away from where you wish to receive.
Know before you ever touch the ball how you will solve the pressure you feel. Self-pass, change the path of the ball away from pressure

Delayed:
Play the ball against a kick-back wall or bench and practice receiving with a self-pass.
Play the ball against a kick-back wall or bench and practice using your first touch to change the path of the ball away from pressure.
Add a partner to the above exercises to add "live" pressure.  Pressure should be light to begin with and gradually increase as confidence is gained in receiving under pressure.
The above activities work great with 3 people - a passer, a receiver and a defender.

No comments:

Post a Comment