Wednesday

My apologies

My apologies for the lack of posts over the last couple of weeks. I became very busy breaking down film of high school players looking to be recruited. What was originally a couple projects ballooned into double that amount. The weather here has been cold, cloudy and rainy, perfect weather to sit in front of the TV and computer's watching 12-15 hours of high school game film each day! The sun is brightly shining and the temperatures are rising once again so my routine is returning to normal. Besides... the projects have been completed!

Back to REACT and RID shortly.

I am also going to be presenting passing progressions from notes I took years ago while one of my sons was training under Mr. Ken White. This particular set of progressions is also on tape / DVD conducted by another coach. I know I have it around here somewhere and when I find it again I will give credit where it is due. 

Finally, having just invested over 120 hours watching various high school teams I will be writing about some general observations. It really does begin with individual skill sets but tactical awareness is just as important. One point of emphasis I hear repeatedly from coaches is the need to play faster, Unfortunately the secondary accompanying complaint is that their teams are to nonathletic. Pish posh! And I will explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment