Thursday

REACT & RID for November 13, 2012

As we continue with the REACT and RID series, if you have suggestions on topics to cover please feel free to use the comment section to contact us. 

REACT moment for November 13, 2012

Headers lack power and accuracy

Real Time:
Did I have my weight back and explode through the ball?
Were my eyes openso I could "see through" the strike?
Did I strike at the hairline or with the forehead?
Did I row the boat?

Immediate:
At the next deadball practice rowing the boat. Place the weight on the back foot and extend your arms forward. Pull the arms back as you shift your weight and thrust your head forward.
Remind yourself to be the hammer, not the nail.

Delayed
Practice proper "row the boat" heading technique
Toss the ball in the air and practice heading the ball against a kickback board or "up and out"
With a partner, take turns serving and heading the ball. Make it competitive by marking out small goals and keeping score as one serves and the other heads the ball down and to the goaline with the server playing keeper. Alternate turns. First to score 5 wins the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment